Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Technique - Multiple Exposure

Multiple Exposure

Definition & Theory 

A multiple exposure is the superimposition of two or more exposures to create a single image. 

Below is an image that represents this technique. 





Image Bank 




How we created this technique

1. Use a long shutter speed, e.g. 5 seconds 
2. Manually triggered the flash as many times as possible whilst the photo was being taken


My Images



When taking these photos I used a shutter speed of 4 seconds because I needed the camera to have time to capture the different movements of the model. I also used an aperture of f/16 and an ISO of 200. 

Evaluation

I feel these photos have been successful because I have managed to capture the multiple exposure effect well and I feel as though the photos I have created have a ghostly feel to them. Something that I feel could have been improved is by asking the model to move around to different positions rather than just altering the way her hands were positioned. I feel as though this would have made the technique more obvious.

Progression

With regards to my project I would like to use this technique with flowers or other elements of nature. For example I would like to get someone to move the flower whilst I am taking the photo. I feel as though this could work well in a studio setup. 



No comments:

Post a Comment